Welcome To My Humble Blog

I create Today as a celebration of my life - jlh

I hope you enjoy my blog.
I will do my best to make it a blog you will want to come back and visit often.

Be sure to invite your friends to follow or view
my blog.
If you have any questions, please email me. Comments are always appreciated in the comment section in each post.
Have a beautiful day and always remember to share some smiles today.

Blinkie Maker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thinking of You / Funky Background

Finally!
You get so many different looks with
different backgrounds
Take a Ziploc bag and place a piece of heavy
CS inside. Make your CS just slightly
smaller to fit snug in a the Ziploc.
Now take white glue and randomly draw
a design onto the Ziploc bag.
Set aside for approx. one hour.
Then cover with different embossing
powders and heat until melted.
cut any remaining plastic away.
Have Fun! xo

18 comments:

jo said...

oh my its sooo stuning ,huggs jo x

Nicki said...

Wow Dorothy, that background is totally amazing - you always come up with fantastic techniques! Nicki, xx.

lisa said...

This is a great technique. I must give it a go.

Lisax

Lynne K said...

Wow! Great idea! Must try it.

Max said...

Interesting technique Dorothy.
Forgive me for asking what is probably an obvious question but doesn't it smell awful when the bag melts?

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Riet said...

Wowww Dorothy,what beautiful,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Danielle said...

woah, very cool background! I've never seen this done and it certainly creates an interesting result - great card!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy!! Your card is funky, but really gorgeous!!! Love the metallic!!

Stef H said...

Now THAT is different. These are gorgeous and I'm definitely gonna have to give it a try!

Hugs,

nessy said...

wow you have been having some fun ~fantastic work!!
vanessa xx

Viv said...

Wow! What a cool idea! Very effective...must have a go at this.

Unknown said...

Hi Dorothy

WOW that really is a funky background, it looks amazing, how clever.

Joanne x

Nicoline said...

What an absolutely stunning card

Love,
Nicoline

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, talk about creative. You are pure geneous (sp?).

Jenny said...

very cool! random technique! who'da thunk it?? ;)

Dagmar said...

Oh these colors is just me. Love it. But I don't know what CS means, I'll mail you soon for some info.

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Hello Everyone!

I wish I could take credit for this technique but I can't.
I learned this technique a few years ago. I don't remember where.
The only thing I did to change it was to use a few different embossing powders.

Cheers,

Dorothy


P.S. I don't think the plastic burning smelled too bad Max. I don't burn it all. I cut out a lot of it.

Shell said...

**great technique Dorothy** I just luv things that are a bit different, it reminds me of Friendly Plastic. TFS
Shell :)

Copyright Info

Copyright Info

ARTWORK, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND TEXT ON THIS BLOG ARE PERSONAL PROPERTY OF:
© NEVERENOUGHRUBBERSTAMPS
/ DOROTHY LOWE.
MY ORIGINAL WORK IS SHARED FOR PERSONAL INSPIRATION USE ONLY. CONTENT ON THIS BLOG MAY NOT BE TAKEN OR REPRODUCED FOR THE PURPOSE OF PUBLICATION OR CONTEST SUBMISSION WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION. THANKS YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT.

Traffic counter


View My Stats